The Sims 4 has been a great game over the years. With such an interactive environment and the click-and-do gameplay that is easy to play for all ages, the Sims 4 has gotten the right amount of fame. Even to this day so many people play this game although the major chunk of the gaming community only has its memories with the game.
That being said, we’ve come back to remind you of a problem which so many gamers still face while playing Sims 4 and that is the lag which comes about in the game. Nobody likes lag in their game be it regular gamers or part-timers. Which is why we are here to tell you how you can manage to run Sims 4 faster on your PC.
This isn’t that big of an issue but one thing we are going to tell you is to follow this guide so that you can run Sims 4 faster on your PC. Here are the ways on how you can manage to run Sims 4 faster on your PC.
Methods To Make Sims 4 Run Faster
Computer Clean Up
Cleaning your PC on a daily basis can help you improve the rate of your games massively. There are a number of unnecessary files on your system which need removing and these junk files need to be removed as soon as possible if you would like your system to perform better while using different applications. In this case, the application is Sims 4.
These files can override a lot of space on your system which is why removing them from your system is necessary. If you are using Windows 10 on your system and would like to make it run faster on it then you will need to follow the steps in order to clean your storage:
- Open the “Settings” and look for the “System”.
- You will see “Storage” on the left side. Click on it and see all the unnecessary, temporary, or junk files.
- Make sure to select all that rubbish and throw it out.
- But they are still on your computer i.e. in “Recycle Bin”, so delete them from the “Recycle Bin” as well.
- After being done with all these steps, you will notice the storage space increased.
Now you will go on and launch the game and get started. If there’s an improvement in gameplay then it is definitely due to the removed files. If your gameplay still hasn’t improved then you can move on to the next solution.
Updating Graphics Driver
The next solution which might work for you if you want to make Sims 4 run faster on your PC is by updating your graphics driver. The more outdated your graphics driver is, the increased number of lags that are going to show up and the more delays you will be encountering. Make sure to have your graphics driver updated at all times because it plays a vital role in improving your gameplay.
If you use Windows 10 then you can use the following steps given below to update your graphics driver:
- Type and enter “Device Manager” in the search box on the taskbar.
- You will see many different options in the popped up window.
- Select the “Display adapters”, double-click on it and you will see the default Graphics processor as a dropdown.
- Right-click on it and you’ll see “Update Driver”, Click it and go further.
- You will see two options there. Go with “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
This is going to help your graphics driver get updated so you should experience better gameplay. If the gameplay hasn’t improved then you can move on to the third solution on this list which is changing the graphics of the game.
Change Graphics Settings of Game
Most gamers might not notice but one of the easiest ways you can try and get Sims 4 to run smoother than before is by changing the graphics settings of the game. This isn’t just for the Sims but it is for all the games that you play and if you experience lag. Go on and update the graphics settings of Sims 4 to its lowest settings and see whether or not the gameplay is faster.
Don’t know how to do it? Then let us help you in that.
- Open the Sims 4 application which opens the game.
- Do not start your game and look for the “Menu” instead.
- Once you go on the “Menu” then go to the “Game Options”.
- Then click on graphics and set the Sims, objects, textures, and lighting to either “Medium or “Low” graphics.
Once these graphics have been lowered, you can then move on to play the game. Hopefully as you lower the graphics of the game, the gameplay is going to become better and faster than before.
This is an easy way to make the game faster than before but it comes with a few repercussions and you will be compromising a bit on the graphical quality of the game. If you can live with low graphics then this solution is going to work for you like a charm.
Perform Custom Content Test
To further improve your Sims 4 gameplay we have already talked about three methods but in this method we are going to discuss how you will need to perform a custom content test and throw out the useless mods or add-on files which you’ve downloaded for the game. The reason for this mainly being that a defective mod or customization can badly affect your gameplay if the file is corrupted.
Here’s the guide on how you can get rid of these files and play the game using its original content files:
1) See for the game/program files by following the pattern i.e. My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.
2) Out of the multifarious folders and files over there, seek out the three i.e.
- “Saves” – i.e. all the customizations and configurations for backup
- “Tray” – i.e. all the lots, sims, rooms, etc. are saved here
- “Option.ini” – i.e. the basic project settings
- Once found, select these three folders and copy and paste them to some other location on your laptop/computer.
- Delete all the remaining scratch folders and subfolders and whatever else.
- Bring those three folders back to their original place.
Now go on and proceed to launch the game and we’re pretty sure that you will have a much smoother and faster response in terms of the game. If the game has gotten rid of the issue of lag then there was definitely the issue of mods messing up your game and it’s files.
The good thing is that you’ve gotten rid of those files which were causing problems to your game so you can be glad that the lag is finally out of the way. If this doesn’t solve the issue either then we have two more tricks up our sleeve. Let us look into them, shall we?
Repair the Game
EA usually follows the motto that whatever they have to deliver, it is in the game so why worry? What EA forgot to mention is that lag might be in the game as well! That’s right. if the game is showing problems then you can go on and repair it so that you too get good responses and incredible speeds while playing the game. Use the following steps to do so:
- Seek out the Game’s origin first. Go to C:\ Program Files because by default the “Origin” is placed over there.
- Open it and Right-click on “Sims 4”.
- There, select the “Repair Game” and you are all set to get the process started.
- Don’t hurry because it may take time, less or more depending on the expansions, packs, and other things that your game tails.
- Don’t worry because it won’t affect any saves, configurations, and changes, etc. that you have made.
- Done? It’s all set and a completely new thing. Give it a try and thank me later for a soothing experience now.
Now you should probably be able to run the game because the last method which we are going to tell you about isn’t the swish of a magic wand that is going to solve everything.
Upgrading Your System
The final solution which we have for you is for you to upgrade your hardware. This is how you’ll be able to make Sims 4 run faster on your system. You can start by increasing the storage, memory, processor, and all the other particulars which might make the performance of your computer so much better than before.
These are all the solutions using which you can make the Sims 4 run faster on your system. Make sure to follow these ways and the last step especially if everything else seems to fail.